The Board of Trustees election will be held Saturday, May 7, 2016. The following documents are required for filing:
Download the entire elections packet (PDF - 59.89MB, 153 pages) or see the
Table of Contents to download the specific information you need.
Please note the following:
1. The period for filing a candidate's application begins Wednesday, January 20, 2016 and ends Friday, February 19, 2016.
Applications will only be accepted during this period. No exceptions will be made.
2. Please carefully read the instruction guides for all forms required by the Texas Ethics Commission and included in this packet. Completing and filing all election forms is the sole responsibility of the candidate.
3. As a candidate for the Dallas County Community College District Board of Trustees, you do not need to file any of your election forms with the Secretary of State.
Please file all election forms with the local filing authority:
Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD)1601 South Lamar StreetLegal Department, Suite 208Dallas, Texas 75215
If filing in person, applications will be received during regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If filing by mail, applications will be considered timely filed if post-marked by Friday, February 19, 2016.
4. Once you file your Application for Place on the Ballot (Form AW2-21), you are a candidate for election and are required to file the Appointment of Campaign Treasurer form (Form CTA). Remember, you must file Form CTA before you accept a campaign contribution or make or authorize campaign expenditures, including expenditures from your personal funds.
5. Information filed with the local filing authority (DCCCD) is subject to disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act.
6. Please file all of your election documents with either:
David L. Hay, DCCCD District Elections Administrator, 214-378-1701, firstname.lastname@example.orgTricia A. Horatio, DCCCD Assistant General Counsel 214-378-1707, email@example.com
David L. Hay, DCCCD District Elections Administrator, 214-378-1701, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tricia A. Horatio, DCCCD Assistant General Counsel 214-378-1707, email@example.com
Remember, a document is considered filed only when it is received by the local filing authority.
Thank you for your interest in the Dallas County Community College District Board of Trustees’ election.
David L. HayElection Administrator