Ted Pohrte Distance Learning Scholarship
There are a number of scholarships available to students, including the Ted Pohrte scholarship specific to students who are taking classes online.
In memory of Ted Pohrte, a long-time advocate of the distance learning program, a scholarship fund has been established through the DCCCD Foundation specifically for distance learning students.
Up to $225 per semester
Up to $450 per year (fall semester and spring semester only)
November 30th for spring semester, with scholarship disbursement in January
August 15th for fall semester, with scholarship disbursement in September
ESSAY One-page typed
COLLEGE Any college of DCCCD
The Ted Pohrte Distance Learning Scholarship was established in memory of former DCCCD employee Ted Pohrte, a long-time advocate of distance learning. Ted Pohrte served in the U.S Army as a military officer during WWII. He was at the core of the success of the Dallas County Community College District’s distance learning program. This scholarship supports any distance learning student attending the DCCCD.
- Be a DCCCD student
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours of distance learning classes (90000 section courses) in a fall, spring or summer semester
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have no outstanding debt with the Financial Aid Office from any college of DCCCD
Submit the following:
- Completed DCCCD Foundation scholarship application form
- One-page typed essay on what Distance Learning means to you.
- Transcript of previous high school and college work. An unofficial transcript may be accepted with the application form, but an official transcript is required within 30 days of application.
Please submit the completed application packet to:
Dallas Colleges Online
9596 Walnut Street
Dallas, Texas 75243
Recipients are selected by the DCCCD Foundation at the end of each spring and fall semester to begin the following full-length semester.